Tumeric 100% Pure Essential Oil (Curcuma longa)
Product of India. 15 mL.
Tumeric Essential Oil is mildly aromatic and has scents of orange or ginger.
Turmeric is often associated with the finely-ground powder spice that is added as the main ingredient to curry recipes to contribute its natural, brilliant, orange-yellow color; however, this plant and its byproducts have an eventful history of various uses. This flowering member of the Ginger family is largely grown in India, where its rhizomes are traditionally dried in order to obtain a powder – which, in India, is referred to as “haldi” among various other names – that is used in not only culinary applications but also in cosmetics as well as in religious observances as a symbol of peace, health, happiness, fertility, purity, prosperity, and new beginnings. It is customary for Indian brides to apply a paste consisting of this “Indian Saffron” as a full-body exfoliant before the wedding day in order to naturally promote the skin’s radiance.
Some of the many Uses:
• Perfect for use with aromatherapy diffusers.
• Use on aromatherapy bracelets
• Apply oil to a cotton ball and place in the air vents of your vehicle
• Mix oils in a spray bottle with water and mist over furniture, carpet, or linens
• Add oil to a batch of laundry or to dryer sheets
•Use in household surface cleaners
BENEFITS OF TUMERIC
Used in aromatherapy, Turmeric Essential Oil is believed to:
- support and strengthen immune function and encourage a positive response
- soothe the mind and uplift the mood with its warm, woody, earthy, and spicy scent
- promote positive emotions and increased energy
- address negative emotions, fatigue, loss of appetite, headaches, and symptoms of allergies, colds, and fevers
- manage respiratory conditions that make breathing difficult, such as asthma
Used in massages, Turmeric Essential Oil is believed to:
- support the body’s natural recovery process after vigorous activity and injuries
- promote skin elasticity and firmness through moisture
- promote a sense of well-being through massage when experiencing itching, bruising, soreness, pain, cramps, and inflammation
- invigorate the skin
- support the body’s natural digestive function
USES OF TUMERIC ESSENTIAL OIL
Used in aromatherapy applications, Turmeric Oil is reputed to diminish the discomforts of coughs and colds. Adding 2-3 drops to an electric diffuser is believed to help achieve this. To offer more profound relief to the respiratory system with the added benefits of other valuable essential oils, begin by combining the following oils in a dark glass bottle: 10 drops Turmeric Essential Oil, 6 drops Ginger Essential Oil, 4 drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil, and 3 drops Clary Sage Essential Oil, then diffuse 7 drops of this blend for up to 30 minutes, inhaling deeply. If used for a few days a week, this blend is reputed to promote easier breathing and to support not only immunity but also a sense of relaxation and emotional balance. This blend may be diffused at times when concentration is important, such as during spiritual practices or study sessions.
Used in a massage blend, Turmeric Oil is reputed to exhibit antimicrobial, calming, and carminative qualities that are believed to address minor wounds, rashes, and itchiness as well as the symptoms of digestive complaints, colic, loss of appetite, menstrual discomforts, and joint pain. For a massage blend that is believed to console these stresses, dilute 3-5 drops of Turmeric Essential Oil in 1 Tbsp. of a preferred Carrier Oil, then massage the blend into the preferred areas of the body. For those who suffer from joint or muscle pain, focus on areas affected by tenderness, stiffness, and swelling.
As with all essential oils, always do a skin test and/or mix with a carrier oil. Always do your research on the safest ways to use any essential oil.